Join the team!
Studio + Social Media Assistant
Part Time Permanent Position
Reporting to the Owner of Shelter Clothing, the newly created role of Studio + Social Media Assistant will be a key member of the small Shelter team. The ideal candidate will bring creativity, energy, and collaboration to the Shelter studio. This role will work to strengthen our social media presence and support the organization and daily operations of the studio. This is not a remote position, our studio is located at 279 D Puntledge Road in Courtney, B.C. This position is 10 hours a week to start and has the potential to grow into a full time role to accommodate a maternity leave in the summer for the right person.
- Welcome local shoppers to the studio and create a safe and welcoming space in line with the Shelter brand
- Responsible for ensuring that the studio is clean, maintained and operationally sound
- Day-to-day content creation in the studio that will be shared across the brand’s social media platforms which may include: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & TikTok.
- Create engaging content to be published and shared that adheres and compliments the brand’s the Social Media Strategy. Must be confident drafting concepts, writing copy, proofing, scheduling, and sourcing content.
- Follow platform and community trends to develop recommendations for optimization.
- Growing our business through exceptional customer service and increasing local in person sales.
- Drive engagement and growth through daily community management and platform outreach
- Measure and report on social strategies and monthly efforts based on key metrics, campaign performance, and can provide insight into what's working, opportunities, and next steps
- Remain on top of trends in the social and digital landscape to identify new opportunities for our brand
Who you are:
- Highly organized
- Visually focussed, a creative self starter
- Have a passion for slow fashion
- Willing to do what's needed to support the business
- Passion and excitement for social media and drive to create content
- An outgoing personality and passion for exceptional service
- Confidence in fast paced environments
- A driven approach to your work and career
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of the team
Interesting in Applying?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume (please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered) to email@example.com with the subject "Studio + Social Media Assistant".
We look forward to hearing from you!